Neck Pain Management
Neck pain includes any kind of discomfort in the neck, be it in the muscles, nerves, cartilage, disks, bones, or spinal cord. If you feel a numbness, tingling, or weakness in your arms, it could be the result of a nerve condition.
You also may experience pain if you can’t move your neck or turn your head from side to side easily. Neck stiffness could indicate the presence of a bacterial infection. Some other causes of neck pain are:
- Neck arthritis or spondylosis
- Ruptured, herniated, or bulging disc
- Spine fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine infections (osteomyelitis, discitis, or abscess)
- Sprains Neck cancer
Minor Treatments Include:
- Topical analgesics
- Anti-inflammatory agents
- Application of heat or ice during the first 48-72 hours
- Cervical collar
However, if the pain is coupled with fever and is so severe that you can't even touch your chin to chest, immediately call 911. Most likely, it's meningitis. Call our clinic at 813-549-7465 if:
- The pain persists for more than a week.
- You feel a numbness, weakness, or tingling in the arms.
- The pain is the result of an auto accident, slip-and-fall, blow, or other trauma.
- The pain is severe.
The medical team at Genesis Medical Clinic can help you live a normal, healthy life once more using a pain management plan that includes medication, interventional procedures, deep tissue massage, and physical therapy. We use the latest techniques and, for your added convenience, accept most insurances.
Click the link below to leave us a message and a member staff will call to discuss any questions you may have. Be sure to also check out our frequently asked questions section.
Click here to go to our Contact Page