Arthritis Pain Management
There are two types of arthritis: osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis is a common chronic condition where the material that cushions the cartilage breaks down, causing the bones to rub against each other.
This can occur due to a number of factors, including:
- Any earlier joint injury
- Overuse of the joints
- Weak muscles
- Family genes
This disease usually affects the neck, thumb, small finger joint, ankle, and big toe, not to mention any part of the vertebrae. The pain makes walking or climbing stairs difficult. Sleep and other regular activities are also affected. Symptoms include:
- Sore, stiff, or swollen joints (hip, knee, lower back)
- Joint pain that worsens after performing any activity
Rheumatoid arthritis, on the other hand, is an autoimmune disease that occurs when your immune system attacks the
- joints by mistake. The major symptoms are:
- Joint pain followed by fatigue
- Swollen and reddish joints
- Stiffness of the joints, particularly in the morning
We Can Help Prevent the Pain of Arthritis
At Genesis Medical Clinic, we do what it takes to relieve your pain. Our aim is to get you back to work in the shortest possible time. After diagnosing your arthritis, we'll develop the best course of treatment for you. Treatment options include:
- Joint Injections
- Topical creams
- Massage therapy
- Deep tissue manipulation
- Staying physically fit through exercise (to loosen and strengthen the muscles and increase blood flow)
- Maintaining a healthy body weight (excess weight means excess burden on your joints)
- Quitting smoking and cutting back on alcohol consumption (both affect connective tissues)
- Changing your position frequently to avoid putting pressure on the affected joints
Treatments we offer
- Trigger Point Injection - A non steroidal anti-inflammatory agent like ketorolac can be injected into the muscle to relieve joint pains in the knee, Hips , shoulder and spine. This procedure is covered by most insurance plans.
- HA or Hyaluronic Acid, a lubricant is injected into the joint space of the knee to slow the grinding of bone on bone, lubricate the bones and act as a buffer or shock absorber. It provides immediate relief which can last 24 to 36 months and has been shown to delay or prevent knee replacement in some patients.
- Regenerative Therapy: Regenerative therapy can be an alternative when conservative treatment fails. Regenerative therapy to restore, repair and rejuvenate degenerative joints by reducing the pain and disability associated with a variety of inflammatory and degenerative conditions like Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendinitis, Joint Tendinitis, Tennis/Golfers elbow, Ligament damage and osteoarthritis. Regenerative therapy uses particulate of umbilical cord and Amniotic membranes which delivers a high amount of Hyaluronic acid, growth factors and cytokines which modulates inflammation and promotes healing. This procedure is not covered by any insurance plans at this time.
- Stem Cell Therapy: Umbilical cord stem cells from the Wharton jelly matrix have proven particularly effective as an alternative to surgical joint replacement for knees and hips, the most common areas affected by arthritis. Certain properties of the stem cells lend themselves perfectly to pain reduction without the need for joint replacement. By the very nature of the cells’ nurturing “home” environment, the umbilical cord cells contains high concentrations of anti-inflammatory properties as well as growth factors, both of which, painlessly target and remedy joint pain. In addition, hyaluronic acid, naturally found in joint fluid, and also a property of umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells, works to regenerate and repair naturally. This procedure is not covered by any insurance plans yet.
Has Your Activity Level Been Decreased Due to Knee Pain?
Don't Endure Regular Knee Pain, Dependence on Pain Medications or Submit to Surgery. If you suffer from acute or chronic knee arthritis pain let us help. We offer Viscosupplementation, a FDA Approved, Non-Surgical Treatment for Knee Arthritis, as well as Full Rehabilitation if needed. With our advanced diagnostics and synergistic team approach to treatment, we can not only tell you what is causing your pain but we can effectively treat it as well.
Viscosupplementation is a gel like substance similar to the synovial fluid in your knees, which reduces inflammation and increases cushioning and lubrication of your knees IMMEDIATELY. Even if Corticosteroids that only treat the symptoms of knee pain have failed you in the past, Viscosupplementation naturally treats the underlying problem of knee arthritis.
Administration takes ONLY MINUTES after a consultation and in office imaging studies are performed. Typical Results Following our Treatment are:
- Eliminate / Reduce Pain & Inflammation
- Improved Range of Motion, Eliminate Morning Stiffness
- Easily Go Up & Down Stairs
- Improved Sleep
- Engage in Daily Activities Without Pain
We ALWAYS offer a NO COST-NO OBLIGATION Consultation! Visit our clinic at 9780 N. 56th Street today!
Click the link below to leave us a message and a member staff will call to discuss any questions you may have. Be sure to also check out our frequently asked questions section.
Click here to go to our Contact Page