Neck pain is a discomfort in any structure in the neck. This includes the muscle, the nerves, cartilage, disks, bones or the spinal cord. If your neck pain involves the nerves, you may feel numbness, tingling or weakness in your arm or hand especially with pinched nerve. Neck stiffness occurs when you have difficulty moving your neck or turning from side to side. It maybe as a result of bacteria infection. Other causes of neck pain are:
- Neck Arthritis or Spondylosis
- Ruptured, herniated or bulging disk
- Fracture to the spine
- Spinal Stenosis
- Infection of the spine like osteomylitis, diskitis or abscess
- Neck cancer
Minor treatment for the neck pain include topical analgesics and anti inflammatory agents. Applying heat or ice will help during the first 48-72 hours, then use heat afterwards. A cervical collar may help to relieve neck discomfort.
If you have neck pain and fever and your neck is stiff that you cannot touch your chin to your chest, please call 911. It maybe a case of meningitis.
Call Genesis medical clinic today at 813-549-7465 if :
- Your neck pain do not go away within 7 days
- You have numbness, tingling or weakness in your arm or hand
- Your neck pain is caused by auto accident, fall and slip, blow or trauma to your neck
- Your neck pain is severe.
With a combination of medication management, interventional procedures, chiropractic care, deep tissue manipulation, Genesis Medical Clinic will get you back to your feet, back to work and back to your life.
NECK BRACES to help reduce neck pain and discomfort.