Arthritis is a health condition that affects your joints. It’s disabling in nature and causes untold pain. The following are types of arthritis:
- Childhood arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (the most common form of arthritis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (the most common reason for severe joint inflammation)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (inflammatory arthritis of the spine)
- Musculoskeletal pain and disability
Arthritis pain can be acute: short term, or chronic: long term. The pain ranging from mild to severe. Chronic pain affects your physical, social, psychological and emotional well being. Chronic pain interferes with your quality of life. (more…)
According to the State of Florida’s Department of Workers’ Compensation, you need to do these three things if you’re injured on the job:
- Notify your employer immediately to get the name of an approved physician. Workers’ comp insurance may not pay the medical bills if you don’t report your injury promptly to your employer.
- Notify the doctor and medical staff that you were injured on the job so that the bills may be properly filed.
- If you have any problems with your claim or suffer excessive delays in treatment, contact the State of Florida’s Division of Workers’ Compensation at 1 (800) 342-1741.
Genesis Medical Clinic is now accepting new patients. We see patients with urgent medical need and treat illness, aches and pain. We also are seeing patients for school physicals and sports physicals. In fact, from now till end of August, we offer a discounted price of $49 for your school and sport physical at our Temple Terrace location. Call us at (813) 549-7465 to make your appointment or walk in on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Our board certified nurse practitioner is specially trained to diagnose and treat a variety of chronic conditions and illness, provide preventive care and take care of your sport and annual school physical.
Knee problems can be quite painful and become increasingly common as we get older. Follow these tips to keep your knees healthy and prevent problems in the future:
Maintain a healthy weight: your weight matters when it comes to the joints, especially your knees. Your body weight presses down on the knees. Heavy weight may gradually lead to the wearing of your joints. The body can sometimes repair small amounts of damage. But, sustained pressure over time will likely lead to huge joint deterioration.
Exercise Regularly: exercise helps strengthen the muscles surrounding the knee-joint. Low-impact exercises such as riding a stationary bike, walking, and swimming are particularly effective. In addition to regular cardiovascular workouts, schedule in strength training sessions a few times a week. Our chiropractor can fashion an exercise regime that will ensure you don’t hurt yourself, your muscles or joints. (more…)
All medicines have side effects. While pain medications will help relieve your pain, sometimes they might be accompanied by side effects that may be bothersome or even problematic, such as stroke or heart attack. But, many side effects can be managed so that you can still take the medicine. It is important you read the side blurb on your prescription bottle to know the possible side effects and watch out for them. If you notice any side effect when taking any medication, please let your doctor know. Your doctor may either change your dose or the medicine itself. If you are taking any medicine regularly for longer than a couple of weeks, it is important you provide your doctor feedback so your medications can be monitored. (more…)
Foot pain can be excruciating. Unfortunately, it is all too common in today’s world. Try these simple tips for finding relief and preventing future foot issues.
1. Get properly fitted shoes: often, not-fitted shoes cause foot pain. When you buy your footwear, try them on sand walk around before purchasing. It is important to make sure that the shoe supports your foot and ankle properly. Also, ensure it doesn’t rub against any part of your foot. Look for adequate arch support and wear suitable shoes for different form of exercise. Running, for instance, puts special pressure on the feet and joints. So, it is crucial that you wear shoes designed for this type of activity.
2. Elevate your feet: sometimes, extra fluid may settle in your feet after a day’s work. Swelling can cause foot pain. Simply elevating the feet for half an hour is enough to remedy the problem. (more…)