Arthritis is a leading cause of pain and disability. Arthritis can be rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis and the treatment is based on the type of arthritis that you may be suffering.
Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis and the leading cause of pain and disability. It is a chronic condition in which materials that cushions the joint called cartilage breaks down causing the bones to rub against each other. This causes stiffness, pain and loss of joint movement. The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop gradually over time. The risk factors for developing osteoarthritis include obesity, previous joint injury, overuse of the joint, weak muscles and family genes.
Osteoarthritis may also affect the neck, small finger joint, thumb, ankle and the big toe or any part of the vertebrae. The pain and stiffness cause by osteoarthritis makes it difficult to walk, climb stairs, sleep or perform activities of daily living.
Call Genesis Medical Clinic today at 813-549-7465 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Sore, stiffen or swollen joints especially hips, knee or lower back.
- Joint pain that is worse after activity.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto immune disease in which your body’s immune system mistakenly attacks your joints. This can damage the joints and cause pain and swelling of the joint.
Call Genesis Medical Clinic today of you experience any of the symptoms below:
- Joint pain followed by fatigue
- Swollen joints with reddish color
- Joint stiffness especially in the morning.
Genesis Medical Clinic is here to help diagnose your arthritis, get you the treatment that you need. We offer medication management, joint injections, topical creams, massage therapy, deep tissue manipulation and physical medicine. Our goal is to get you back to work, your family or back to your life in the shortest possible time.
We offer braces to help you heal faster. You can help relieve your pain by doing the following:
- Be physically fit, exercise to loosen your muscle, strengthen your muscles and improve blood flow to your muscles.
- Manage your weight. Remember that your joint will bear the stress of additional weight that you are carrying.
- Quit smoking and cut back on alcohol as alcohol and smoking affects your connective tissues.
- Adjust your position frequently while standing or sitting to avoid putting too much weight on the affected joint.
At Genesis Medical clinic, our doctors have the clinical competence and over 50 years of combined experience to give you the care that you deserve. We accept most major insurance plans including Medicare, workers comps, Auto Injury and many more. Visit us today!